Friday, October 26, 2007

Dress to Impress

I'm going dress shopping with my mom and sister tomorrow in Grand Rapids - I just found out about an hour ago that my sister will be able to break away from the baby for a few hours. I'm SO excited...and since you all know by now that 'excitement' hasn't exactly been in my wedding-planning repertoire, this is REALLY good news.

I suppose it can't hurt that I'll be going to a bridal salon that carries the line that includes a dress I fell in love with while searching online. *sigh*

I have to admit I was really worried for quite a while about the fact that I was NOT feeling this whole wedding planning thing. Yet, as soon as we found the ceremony and reception sites, I felt an instant calm that allowed me to clearly envision the rest of the process without wanting to hyperventilate.

We'll see how I feel after trying on some dresses, of course. ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny things happen during the wedding planning. At first, I wasn't going to wear a "real" wedding gown and I definitely was absolutely not -- NOT -- going to wear a veil. This was going to be the anti-wedding of weddings, dammit!

Then my cousin gave me a Vera Wang gown that she'd bought to wear as a bridesmaid, but it totally had an elegant wedding gown look to it.

Then, while out looking for shoes, my aunt MADE me try on a veil. She started crying as soon as I had it on. I rolled my eyes. Then, when I looked in the mirror, that was it. I was going to be wearing a veil. And loving it.

In fact, I wore the veil to the breakfast brunch the morning after the wedding. And, uh, on the plane ride home. Yeah, I was loving the veil in the end. And, of course, the Vera Wang dress, although I haven't unwrapped that since the wedding.

It's funny how you get with the flow once the flow has momentum. Ride that wave, Amy. And enjoy it.

shayze said...

That dress is beautiful!

So happy to hear that everything is starting to fall into place and that you are starting to get excited about it all! Enjoy it!

Me said...

Gorgeous dress. I ended up buying the first dress I picked out (not put on, because they gave me several options to put on..the options were all really nice, but then I saw this one and said "THAT ONE I WANT TO TRY ON" and behold..it was it.

Of course, I went to about 10 more bridal shops in two days to make sure it was truly "the one"....I only had 2 months between engagement and wedding, so there was a rush....and yes, we are divorced. HAR HAR HAR.

B said...

that dress is hot.