Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Big Day Update

I know I told you we would be getting married on May 9th, but things have changed. We are now getting married on May 16, 2008 (which gives us one more week - yay!), and I'm FINALLY getting excited about this wedding planning thing.

That's because we finally have a place to get married:



...and a place to hold our reception:



Can you say RELIEF?!...

It's really nice to finally have some definitives and to now be able to jump fully into the planning. I won't lie and say I'm not nervous about how little time I have and how much still needs to be done, but we can handle it. I have my little sister - the Maid of Honor - scoping out bridesmaid dresses for me, and plan to go try some wedding dresses sometime this weekend.

So. Officially, I can say I'm planning a wedding. And that in roughly 200 days, I will become a "Mrs".. :o)

11 comments:

Me said...

YAYYYY!!!! My god..200 days..can you believe it...it will fly by.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoooo! And don't stress yourself out. If something doesn't get done -- or if something doesn't work out the way you planned it -- you will be the only one who's aware of it. Everyone else will think the wedding is perfect ...which it will be.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the locations!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see things are starting to work themselves out. I was going to suggest to you going to find a dress ASAP, mine took 7 months to come in. Let me know if you need any help/advice!

Anonymous said...

Yay, fun!!

Those places look beautiful!! Very exciting. Can't wait to hear about the dress shopping. ;-)

shayze said...

Both places look absolutely gorgeous!!

Can't wait to see pictures of the dresses!

Mitch said...

Alright!

Glad to hear things are getting organized! Having the big stuff out of the way is the most important and easiest thing to deal with!

Cheers!

Ms. M said...

Wow!! It's spectacular!! Seems like the perfect place. I am glad you have "set the date"... now, yes, there is much more to do, but it is only as stressful as you let it be-- SO HAVE FUN!! These are the only 6 months you'll ever be planning your wedding so enjoy!

Diane Mandy said...

Wow! How beautiful! Isn't it wonderful when things start coming together?

*kb* said...

SO PRETTY!! And EXCITING!!!

B said...

gorgeous. positively gorgeous. and you deserve nothing less :)