Friday, October 12, 2007

Question

Although I'm seriously considering running away and marrying Mark without telling a single soul (except, of course, you - ha!), I'm also trying to find a way to ask my desired attendants - my two sisters and my two best friends - to stand up at our wedding. Is there a cute way to do this? I tried to ask one of my best friends at dinner the other night and it just felt trite...I was nervous, almost like it was a first date or something! What the hell, right?

So, does anyone have any great ideas on how to make this at least a little special for my girls? They ARE very special to me, so I would like to ask them in a little different way if possible.

Thanks!

3 comments:

shayze said...

Are they all in the same town as you? Or close enough that take them all to dinner and ask them there? Or maybe send them flowers or gift basket with girly stuff asking them?

I think it's great that you want to do something a little more original!

Anonymous said...

I wrote my girls little cards explaining why they mean so much to me, and asking them to be in my wedding party.

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet but I'm out of ideas... I told 2 over dinner, the 3 of us went out. I told one by email (she lives in France) and I told the 4th, P's sister, at a bar cause I was worried it had gotten too late!!!

I want to do something nice for them, closer to the date... I think just asking them will be such an honour, it doesn't matter how the message is delivered. Try not to get too stressed :) .... and, let us know what you end up doing.

** but I do like the idea of a sweet card with heartfelt message, they'll love that !! **