Friday, April 18, 2008

28 Days

Less than a month to go (!!!) and I keep getting more excited and relaxed as our big day gets closer. Not sure what that's all about, but I've always managed to be a little backwards, so what's new?

One bad thing we just found out: Mark's brother has bowed out of his co-best-man duties. Not the one in Iraq, but the other one. I'm completely heartbroken for Mark, but his brother has his reasons. Let's just say he has some major anxiety and complex issues, and even though we've assured him that things will be fine, he's not able to move past them. Now Mark is working on promoting an usher and asking another friend to step in. *sigh* We will figure it all out, but I just feel so sad for Mark.

I picked up our cake topper from the post office this morning, and the little birds are even MORE precious in person!! Much smaller than I originally thought and very, very sweet. YAY!

Last night we went to the location of our first date - Champps - where we are holding our rehearsal dinner. We wanted to try a few options to offer our guests, and when my salad came out, it was practically as big as my car tire. I laughed, but then...I ATE THE WHOLE THING. Mark ate about 1/4 of his and claimed he was "full." When our waiter came to pick up the plates, I said, "Uh...I ate the whole thing, and I'd like to take the rest of HIS home!" At least my sweetie can't say I don't have a healthy appetite for life! ;o)

The weather is getting warmer and the sun is making more repeat and longer visits. I'm finding it difficult to focus, but also finding it quite hard to be anything but annoyingly cheery. This is the exact reason why I wanted a spring wedding; there is nothing like those first beautiful days after a long, cold winter, and I can't think of a better time to celebrate a new beginning. To say I'm happy would be a vast understatement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we had the same talk about spring and how wonderful it all is!!! *sigh* it's going to be amazing!!!