Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Because I (apparently) like living the edge

I get married four months from today. Just to prove how far behind I am with the wedding planning (I've oh-so-diligiently bucked this system far too long), I'll let you know what I've finally done in the last two days alone:
  • Set up a time to get our engagement photo taken for the paper (SHAMEFUL)
  • Made an appointment with a pastor to perform the wedding ceremony (I KNOW!!)
  • Set up an appointment with a cake lady
  • Called about DJ services that don't offer 'The Bubble Experience'
  • Looked up local marriage certificate laws
  • Reserved the tuxes for the male attendents (Mark is now the proud owner of his own matching one, since he will have many reasons to wear one starting this Friday)
  • Researched wedding planners and emailed one of them with possible desperation in my (writing) voice
  • Began looking for a rehearsal dinner location
  • Decided upon the starting time for our wedding, which is now 5:30pm, after wavering between that and 6pm for months...what's wrong with me?! Wait...don't answer that.
  • Sat down and reviewed the checklist in my sadly neglected Martha Stewart wedding planning binder (and folks? I gots lot's to do...)
  • Made a plan to sit down with the caterer to talk about menu options

Hilariously, I now feel a sense of calm about this whole wedding-planning thing. It's not lost on me that I finally started feeling better about this once I got off my damn ass and started doing something about it. Funny how that works, huh? *blush*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good going, girly! :)