Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm trying here!

So I got another email from The Knot today. And instead of rolling my eyes and hitting 'delete,' I scanned through the "You have four months left and these are the millions of things you still need to do!" message and found a link about "personalizing" my special day. Because despite how indifferent I am to the mundane actions of planning a wedding, I'm ALL about making this day special and tailored to Mark and me. I loved this little tip:

"Leave a blank note card at each guest’s plate so that can write down their well-wishes for you as a couple. Once done, ask them to slip the note in a gorgeous box... Read them after the honeymoon, then at your first anniversary, and your second...handwritten notes will never lose their power of personalization."

See? I'm not that cynical... ;o)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh! I love that idea! See, the Knot's not THAT bad, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love that too!

I may have to get married again. To Jeremy again, though. Just another wedding. :)

Ms. M said...

that is so sweet! i was trying to think of a non-obnoxious way to "hear" from my guests on the day of... this could work!

Keep sharing the goods!!!

Anonymous said...

2.5 weeks to go until my wedding!! YIKES! The only advice that I can give that I told myself from the get go of the wedding planning.....I refuse to stress about my wedding....it is suppose to be good times....and I haven't really....as hard as it is, letting things slide, and just taking things by stride is sooooo much easier....remember I am always here to help.....I am in the thick of it now!