Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Engagement Party Pics

As promised, here are some pictures from our engagement party...I just got a new camera, but these were taken with my old, crappy one. They are a terrible representation of a wonderful party, so I apologize!

The set up at Lorenzo's Bistro - My YOM/step mom made it look so pretty! (Side note: she used Hostas and Mums on all the tables, of which she gave to us to plant in our garden at home...I thought that was such a cool idea!):


Fresh fruit and wonderful baked goods table - the bistro is also a bakery:


Place-settings:


The menu (the food was A-MAZING!):


The cake, which was made to mimic the one I fell in love with in this month's Martha Stewart magazine (I'll scan that in as soon as I have more time):


Mmm...the pina colada cake right before it went into my BELLY - we now have the top half of the cake in our freezer, to be cut and eaten on June 23, 2008 - a year from our engagement date (how cheesy are we?!) :


Some of my peeps:




My little sister giving a toast (isn't she gorgeous, even though I totally took her by surprise with my red-eye reducing flash?!):


My dad (that's my YOM sitting down) giving a choked up toast - "If you know Amy, you know when she walks into a room, it lights up...and now she's met the man that makes her light up all the time..." *sigh*:


Me and that man who, indeed, makes me light up inside and out (Note: after seeing these pictures, Mark and I have decided we need to go on a diet...AND I am in desperate need of advice - before our wedding pictures are taken - on how to help Mark feel comfortable in front of a camera; I truly have yet to get a picture of him that actually LOOKS like him...):


Overall, the day was very happy and heartwarming. We got some great gifts, including The Anti-Bride Guide, the Martha Stewart Wedding Planner, gift certificates from Target, Williams- Sonoma, Linen's and Things, and several other places. We weren't expecting anything at all, so it was a nice bonus to feeling so loved and supported.

I guess the champagne didn't hurt, either... ;o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!! Sooo happy to see some awesome photos! It looks like you had a blast :-) You and your family are adorable!! And that CAKE??!! OMG!!! Yum!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I loooooove all the pics.... I will return this lovely favour by posting my own, after the party in late august.

Mark looks great... but an idea is to just take tons and tons of digital pictures to make sure at least ONE turns out nice!! Hire an experienced photographer for the wedding, I have never seen an entire album of weird-camera-face wedding pics!!

I HAVE THE ANTI-BRIDE GUIDE TOO!! It was a fabulous and hilarious gift :)

ENJOY!!

shayze said...

Looks like it was a great engagement party! As for the pictures of Mark, I have to agree with Ms. M. Lots of pictures and one of them will turn out well. That was what I did for my senior pictures years and years ago (64 poses and I liked about 8 of them).

Anonymous said...

You both look AMAZING! The cake looks AMAZING! The party looks like it was all AMAZING!

YAY!

Me said...

YAY! Gorgeous cake girl!! Photos, I got my wasband used to it because I just constantly snapped photos anyway....so at some point he made peace with it and did ok. :) You two look beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm totally behind but trying to catch up :)
thanks for sharing the pics - looks like an amazing day!
as for getting him to take a relaxed picture...i recommend xanax. you laugh but i gave half of one to my friend on her wedding day and she looks happy and relaxed in all of her pictures! wonderdrug.